Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

auto calculate dynamically created checkboxes in a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay319

Technical User
Feb 21, 2003
US
Hi,

I have a form that has some dynamically created checkboxes ... <input name="bkZones" type="checkbox" id="bkZones" value="<%=(rsZones.Fields.Item("zZone").Value)%>"> . I also need to capture some "quantity values" from the database when they check the box that I would like to appear in a "Total Textbox" on the form.

The end result would be the zone information populating the zone field in my database and the total of the zones picked populating the total field in my database.

Thanks for any help,

Jay

I'm not sure exactly what you want to do, but it sounds to me like you want a lot of stuff to happen dynamically client-side.

If so, I think you might have more luck posting in a Javascript or jQuery area as I think server side ASP will be of limited utility for the task.

If I am misinterpreting what you want, perhaps you could take anothr crack at explaining it.

Oh, nevermind. I see now that you have posted the same query in the javascript area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back