Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendnat Wait for Second Digit

Status
Not open for further replies.

grundy

Technical User
Apr 12, 2003
US
Are extensions are 5XXX, and from the main menu you can dial any 5XXX extension. We now have a menu option with the number 5. When callers dial 5001 it goes to option 5, instead of waiting for the other 3 digits. How can I get it to wait to see if anymore digits are imputted?

Thanks!!!!

I know kholladay will show me up on this one.. I know he has a better and more reliable of doing it, but you can point option #5 to a menu with a 2-3 second timeout and option ??? as well. Point the timeout to whatever 5 transfers to, and then ??? to a transfer action for $key

It WORKS, but beware that you'll run into two spectrums here. People who dial the extension too slow, and thus get transferred to option 5 instead, as well as people who are impatient and hit 5 a second time because they don't think the first one went through. Both will put the caller somewhere they don't want to be.

IPXtech
I use this option for years and have never had any trouble with it. Now of course saying that me and my big mouth I will get a bunch of service calls in the morning with trouble on that option, LOL.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

I haven't run into it too often, Westi, but I've gotten enough complaints to warrant a warning to whoever I prescribe this fix for :)

But like I said, kholladay had a better way (albeit a bit more complex) of doing it if I recall. Something with storing variables, etc..

If I've got my forum names mixed up, forgive me though!

I would guess that Kyle has it on his website, I will try to find it and if so then I let you know.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

I tried what you said but what it's not working.

I have key 5 going to a menu with a timeout that goes to the extension and then a 5???. I changed it to ??? but it just loops back to the main menu?

When users hit 5214 at the main menu it goes to the 5 option???

Sorry, I didn't explain well before and/or typoed.. probably both..

On the second menu with the timeout, put in a selector code of ???

Then create a transfer action. For the destination, put in:

5$key

Point the ??? selector to the transfer action and you should be good.

Didn't have anything but I threw something together really quick just in case you needed more help:

Go here: Click this: HOWTO: Overlap extension dialing and options in VMP menus

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back