Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendent problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gugs

Technical User
Mar 29, 2004
US
I have IPO403 v3.0(40)and am using VMPro v3.0(13). After hours we are using an auto attendent to answer the calls. The problem is that some calls will come in and start to play the message and then pick an option automatically to transfer to without the caller pressing any buttons. The other thing that will happen is that the caller will hear a portion of the outgoing message and then it will rewind and play that same portion over again. I am not sure what to do but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is the auto attendant in a womans voice? I ask because sometimes the auto attendant will confuse the greetings voice with dtmf tones pressed by a caller. This has happened a couple of times on customers systems. Even if it is a mans voice, try re-recording the greeting and you will probably find the problem will go away...

Thank you for the information. It is in a mans voice but I will try re-recording it. Thanks

same problem for me.

pre-recorded (talent) message as auto-attendant greeting goes directly to the timeout destination in the middle of the recording sometimes after a reboot.

I had multiple sites having this issue with IP Office R3.0.40. After upgrading them to IP Office 3.0.59 (vmpro to 3.0.17) the problems went away. Not sure if that will work for you, but it seemed to do the trick for our customers.

Where can I get those upgrades? Is there a site to go to download those?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back