Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendent / CCR Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pingj626

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2008
US
Let me just say two things first. Phone systems are not my primary job funtions. I'm an IT Manager and the phones just kind of fall into my area of responsibility.

Second I have found a lot of useful information on this site and wanted to thank those of you who have contribited in the past.

My company in general is opened M-F 8-5. But we do have one location that is opened on Saturdays from 8-12.

I'm running a BCM 400 w/ Element Manager 2.76.0

During normal business hours (M-F) unanswered calls from my branch locations roll to our call center. The call center is closed on Saturdays.

We have two CCR menues, one for business hours and one for evenings.

Now here my question. Is there a way to route the calls differently for the branch that is opened on Saturdays so the unanswered calls do not roll to the call center, without having to go into the BCM and change the CCR/AA settings?

If the branch has its own # , you might want to have its own CCR with its own time of day schedule that can take care of its own unanswered calls when the call center is closed.

For what you have asked your system must be changed just as your business has. Access to the Call Pilot system is a must. Log into the Call Pilot and add another CCR tree for the Saturday group, change the line for the associated business section to answer to the new CCR tree.
If there is only one phone number for the business create a new CCR tree that will be used on Saturdays only, transfer the Saturday group by choosing from the CCR tree and another choice to an information mailbox that has open/closed business information. May I also suggest calling a qualified vendor or technician to make the changes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back