Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMetz

Programmer
Mar 5, 2024
US
I am new to the IP Office world. I recently have been put in charge of several sites and have had little training. My question is about Auto Attendant. There is an auto attendant setup but if nothing is seletcted, it hangs up after 8 seconds. How do I change it to go to a specific extension if no option is chosen? The software I use is IP Office manager 11.1.

First thing you need to do is find out if you are using embedded mail or voicemail pro. Simplest way to determine that is look at the license section of the Manger app. It will show if your licensed for pro.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Best guess, based on the 8 seconds and then disconnect, you're using Embedded Voicemail. In the incoming call route, put the timeout destination in the Fallback field, in the Auto Attendant, change the 8 seconds to something more reasonable like 2 to 4 seconds.

the incoming call route of the system has only the auto attendant as primary target and no fallback. The fallback will be the entry for people that don't select an option.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back