Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldrake

MIS
Jun 28, 2008
IT
Hi, i install Auto Attendand card, but i dont'understand something.
I want the card take an incoming call and give the guest the message, but:
when the guest hear the message if it press 1 it go to extension 1 but i want also the call ring to the phone during the guest hear the messange.
I think this is not possible? it is possibile give the guest the message and ring , but cannot choose destination or viceversa the possibility to choose destination when hear message but dont ringing to Operator during .
Is it true that

Use PGM228 to create your Customer Call Routing "tree".
The index number you enter in the beginning refers to the system message - recorded by the attendant.
Then press 1 to 9 for:
1 – STATION NUMBER
2 – HUNT GROUP NUMBER
3 – VMIB (VOICE MAIL - SYSTEM MESSAGE)
4 – VMIB DROP (VOICE MAIL - SYSTEM MESSAGE W/DROP)
5 – SYSTEM SPEED DIAL
6 – INTERNAL PAGE
7 – EXTERNAL PAGE
8 – ALL CALL PAGE
9 - NETWORK CALL

From the attendant you record your messages by pressing TRAN/PROG + 06 + The number of the system message to be recorded (000-070) + Record your message + press # to end recording.
In PGM231 choose VMIB as Day/Night/Weekend Destination for the DDI number you want to use.
Auto Attendant/CCR will only work for calls comming in on the DDI-numbers from the public network.
///doktor

Hi doktor, i think i am i debt whit you.
Sorry but i try to learn , and i dont understand what i must do.
What is ddi?
Now my AAIBE give the message to guest and ring in my post operator phon in hotel.
I would like be better: i want it give the message to guest on my isdn line and simultaneously ring in hotel, but i want aslo for me (that i know internal extension) the possibility to reach simultaneously the internal extension without waiting the reponse of segretary.
My tech tell me it's impossible it say: or it give message and ring at the operator or give message wait for key press the ring but dont ring.
I think it's no logic as my friend withou matra it can.
Can you help me ?

I think I have an idea to solve your problem.
You must put your attendant into a UCD group.
In PGM190/191 you create a hunt group and the member in this group should be the attendant.
After you have created the group (e.g. group number 620) and selected UDC as the type of group, you have to go to PGM191 Index #:
#1: Set this timer to 00 seconds. Time before first message.
#2: Set this timer to 20 sec. Time before second message.
#3: First message location on AAIBE /VMIBE board (01-70).
#4: Second message location on AAIBE /VMIBE board (01-70).
#5. Time between "repeating messages" -> e.g. 20 seconds.
#6. Should "repeating" messages be used -> set to Enable.

Record your messages.
From the attendant you record your messages by pressing TRAN/PROG + 06 + The number of the system message to be recorded (000-070) + Record your message + press # to end recording.
In PGM231 choose VMIB as Day/Night/Weekend Destination for the DDI number you want to use.
Auto Attendant/CCR will only work for calls comming in on the DDI-numbers from the public network.

DDI number is the number to the group from the public PSTN network.

If you follow this "flow chart" or receipt, you will have a message for each call to your hotel saying e.g, "welcome to Hotel XXX" and after 20 sec. "Please wait a little longer for the operator". The last message will be given each 20 seconds.

///doktor

Hi doktor ,

sorry but i'm was away.
If i understand your idea is to "split" the original message in 2 part and play them separately? between 2 message the guest don't understand the difference between 1 and 2 message.
First and second message are continuosoly?

First message (VMIB#1) is played immediately if the first announcement timer is set to zero (0).
When the first message is finished, then the second message announcement timer is started up.
When this timer has counted down (e.g. from 20 seconds to zero) then the second message (VMIB#2)is heard.
The 2 messages are played separately with a time difference of e.g. 20 seconds.
Make your tests to convince yourself.
///doktor

Hi doktor,
i make it and it work.
Now, as i have a 2 isdn t0 card, can i play message 3 only for the 2 t0 and message 1 e 2 for first isdn t0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back