Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant - Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

01grander

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2019
US
Hello,

I'll be bluntly honest, I am completely lost and need some guidance. We have a HiPath System at my work and I can do basic tasks but I don't know many specifics and I'm a little afraid of re-configuring something inadvertently.

When someone calls, they are directed to two phones in our reception area. If someone doesn't pick up, they are taken to a recording and they can leave a message. The problem is that only one phone is getting a notification and can check the voicemails. I think that they may actually be going to the one phone's voicemail and not a shared voicemail which is why the other phone doesn't see anything.

Is there a way to configure two extension to have the same voicemail box and where can i find how the existing calls are being routed? The two extensions are part of a group but at the point where nobody answers, they seem to diverge.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Steven

Depends on what the voicemail system is. Often there is an option to an additional extension for the MWI.

I have AVST CallXpress and the above is how I do it. You put both extensions in the same mailbox so they both get the same greeting and leave messages in the same place, but when you add each extension you should have an option of whther or not the MWI is activated on that extension (because you might also have phantom numbers that do not have a phone sharing that mailbox it is not normally turned on by default except for the first phone in the mailbox). Your system might be different, but the concept should be similar. In mine I would go into that mailbox and look at what extensions are assigned to it. Each extension should have a variety of options. In the early days I could only put up to 6 numbers in a mailbox, but I think they removed that limit now.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back