Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant transfer to External Speeddial 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatRascal

Technical User
Feb 2, 2008
GB
I am attempting to transfer calls to external numbers that are defined as system speed calls via a Multi-Level Auto attendant.

Speed Call Number:0330 = 9??????????
Console Softkey Directory Number:4000
4000 has Call Rerouting Always set to VM Hunt Group

Muti-Level Auto Attendant: 4000
Menu Option 1:0330
Menu Option 2:4700 (Internal Extension)

When option 1 is pressed you get
"You are being transferred to 0330" around 10 seconds after pressing 1 the mobile sometimes rings for a fraction but then the call is cut off and you receive the message "You are being transferred to the operator".

I'm guessing my COS is misconfigured, I have adjusted the COS timers associated with the PRI Trunks but they have no effect on Menu Option 1. They do effect Menu Option 2, ie increasing the No Answer Recall Timer allows the call to ring for longer before receiving "You are being transferred to the operator".

Thanks in advance

Matt.

Go to the voicemail options assignment and look at the Auto Attendant Tranfer options. I bet supervised xfer is enabled with a very short timer. Therefore, once that transfer ringback timer expires, the call is yanked back to the AA. Try turning supervised xfer off or just increasing the xfer ringback timeout value

there's also an option in the Voicemail option assignment that you have to enable, that is TRANSFER TO ANY DESTINATION. Not very sure of the name of the option but it should be something like that...

Try that option first before dealing with supervised transfer

Regards,

Daniel Ramirez

MLAA requires assoc MB's. I've never tried setting up a mb with leading digit zero so I'm unsure how the VM would respond. The MB and The Extension field do not need to match. MB 1234 with ext 0330 would work just as well and take out some uncertainties. Additionally, I would avoid leading digit zero on the PBX but it's your system so hopefully you know you can without difficulty.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Thanks for your suggestions, within Voiemail Options Assignment I had Allow Transfer to Any Number set to TRUE and Enable Supervised Transfer to FALSE.

Not sure why but I tried setting Enable Supervised Transfer with a reasonable timeout and it all started working =). I toggled it back and as before it stopped working.

Why the Supervised Transfer needs to be enabled for external calls only Mitel knows, but with it enabled the MLAA is functioning as desired.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.

Matt.

Release 4.0 SP2 (Active Software Load 10.0.2.8)

In this scenerio, did you have an associated MB for those extensions or speed dials? I just started another post about this and can't imagine that we need MB for ever Press #1 for this, and Press #2 for that. If the above worked and you used a speed dial, and an extension without having additional mailboxes setup then perhaps this may answer my question. Please comment either back here, or in my other "more detailed" post.

Thanks,
Zilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back