Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant touch tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgonzalez77

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2008
US
Hi All,

I have an IPO 500 with embedded voice mail. The system is set up so the auto attendant answers. There are a few options; dial by name, dial 0 for operator, dial by extension.

It seems that the system may be really sensitive to outside noise. Callers are complaining that they have troubles reaching the desired extensions or selecting the options. I tried it several times with no problems with the options. However, I did notice that when I was calling in on a speakerphone and there was background noise (such as a radio or tv in the background) I would often get "Invalid Entry" before I even pressed a key. I never have that problem when using a handset.

So is there a way to make the system less sensitive to inputs/noise?

Thanks!

rerecord the greeting that is playing in the Auto Attendant it sometimes has it's corks with it and rerecording helps most of the time. There is no way to make it less sensitive I am afraid but the first step is rerecording the greeting.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS (downgraded again)

insanity is just a state of mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back