Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant to Auto Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

clintf

IS-IT--Management
Feb 1, 2008
CA
Anyone know a way to take an option on one auto attendant and have it forward to another auto attendant ?

i know how to get it to go to another auto attendant thru calling the other auto attendants number but its tying up two lines with this method hoping to avoid tying up the lines and take advantage of our ip trunks.

thanks guys

use route option in ccr and point the route to the ip trunk route. then enter the destination number and on the remote side have a target line with the recieved digits pointing to the auto attendant

in the CCR tree create a transfer then select route in out dial method,can you explain the ip trunk route to me ? by destination number you mean the extention or public phone number ?

On the BCM 50 R3 and BCM 450 they have a service DN. That DN when dialed can be setup to go to any number of different things including a CCR tree or AA.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.---George Carlin

Thanks CTCINY i do have a BCM 50 R3 these service DN's can you have more then one and where can i find them in element manager if you could lead me in the right direction i can try and figure it out from there.

Having the ablity to fwd from one auto attendant to another auto attendant on the same BCM would solve all my programming issues.

Service Dns are located in call pilot section.
look up configuration-service dn.

They are best assigned to a hunt group to overflow to a ccr table.
hg1 extn461--overflow to voicemail Dn.
assign the service dn to extn461.

Now when a call rings the HG1 it will overflow to the service DN when the queue delay timmer is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back