Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant Simple Fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehidal1

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2004
US
This is probably a simple fix, but I am having trouble with my auto attendant not working properly on my CallPilot 4.0. The dial by name feature is working, but when you press 0 to leave a message, it loops back to the main auto attendant message. I checked in the service directory and the auto attendant has a place for the mailbox number (if this is the problem) but it will not allow me to enter anything. Is there something else I need to change for this? Thanks for the help.

Press # to immediately leave a message not 0.
0 will take it out to the "operator" in this case it seems you have 0 set up for the auto attendant, hence the loop.

# does not take me anywhere either. Just get an invalid key response. Where do you map the keys for the auto attendant? Currently, it doesn't appear that there is a transfer to the general delivery mailbox.

You need to add an express messaging block and set it for the mailbox you want to take the message then you take the digit 0 from the menu and direct it to that express messaging block.

Signature===========================================

Is this in App Builder? I have experience in App Builder (the old 1.2 version), but when I select it, its says App Builder is not installed. The auto attendant is in the number service directory. There seems to be an option for a voice mail extension, but it won't let me populate it. Do I need to create an express messaging block for this on the web interface? Sorry most of my experience is in the older Call Pilot. Thanks again.

AppBuilder needs to be installed on your local PC, not on the CallPilot.

Once installed, that is how you create and modify your AA and follow the steps detailed in the above posts.

Yes this is in appbuilder but like Magna said it needs to be loaded on another machine. You can not install it on the CallPilot server itself. The look of appbuilder has not changed that much so you will pick it up quickly.

Signature===========================================

Great. Thank you guys both for your help. I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back