Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant replays it's greeting instead of voicemail greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

steeviet

IS-IT--Management
Jun 27, 2003
GB
We've set up an Auto-attendant on our system and it is successfully routing callers to the correct ACD groups during the day.

During the night it plays the night greeting. We want to give the caller the option of leaving a message. We've set up an extension 590 with an extension type mailbox and recorded a name and greeting on it.

We've tried various options in the MLAA to route the number but whenever the caller tries to leave a message, they start again at the beginning of the Auto-Attendant greeting.

For example:
ring ring...
our recording: "It's night we're closed, hold to leave a message"
caller waits...
Mitel's recording:"Please hold while you are transferred to:"
our recording: "Message service"
Ring...
our recording: "It's night we're closed, hold to leave a message"
and it all loops round again.

It should play the separate message recorded for that mailbox and let the caller leave a message.

We've tried a few things but rather than try to iterate them here, suggest it again and I'll check we've tried it right before we say we've done it.

It's quite an old system, Mitel 3300 ICP Software version 7.1.3.4_2, and from the VE command:
>>>> VERSION of Saved Software <<<<
3300 ICP Call Control 37.1.3.4

What is the extension programmed against your dial zero mailbox?

Are you using any nametag MB's or ACD routing to manipulate your VM integration?

Thanks for providing the system info.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Mailbox number 0 has extension number 528 which is an ACD Path that plays a RAD then interflows to another path (518) which tries the reception agent group for 90 seconds before inter flowing again to a path for all agents. 528 is also the Operator Extension (0) for this mailbox.

Nametag MB's? Not sure what you mean. We use Terminal Nametag hunt groups on the DDI numbers e.g. 001. This has a Call Rerouting assignment entry that takes it to AAN-8 in day mode and AAN-9 in both night modes. AAN-8 reroutes everything to 800, out voicemail hunt group, and AAN-9 reroutes to 590 which is programmed as a single line, in the Multiline Set Key assignment form on a spare phone. 590 is programmed in Call Rerouting to AAN-2 which also goes to 800.

We don't use ACD routing to for the VM integration, but we do have a lot of ACD routing in place before we setup the MLAA.

Where does extension 590 come into play? I see that you route to zero which is ACD path 528 which interflows to path 518 and you mentioned 528 is the operator extension mailbox?

Sounds like you have something programmed wrong in the ACD programming.

Still haven't mentioned anything about the system type.

"voice & data solutions

Telecomp, 590 is an extension we've set up (as a multi-line set key) to have the mailbox on. Dialling 590 internally plays the message we want as the night voice mail and we can record messages on it.

In night mode the DDI re-routes direct to 590 via AAN-9, so doesn't touch ACD at all. Can you give me any indication what ACD programming I should be checking or relaying here for more experience eyes to look over?

Also could you let me know what system information you need that isn't in the last paragraph of my original message.

steeviet- my bad I assume that you are using the EMEM for voicemail?

It should be very simple- can you please provide the following?

1. The main DNIS that telco is sending? ( 310 xxx x1234)
2. How is your system programmed to handle this?
3.If you dial your Voicemail Pilot number and hit the auto attendant, then dial 590, what happens?

Thanks- ( maybe I misunderstood what type of trunks you have terminating on the Mitel as I did not see you mention this anywhere.)

Steeviet - You're under the common misunderstanding that Mitel answers with the mailbox of the last ringing set before voicemail. This is not correct. Mitel integrates with the original dialed digits regardless of which extensions ring in between.

There are 2 exceptions that can override original call digits and replace with new digits. One use ACD interflow on no answer or dial out of queue, and the other is by directing calls to a nametag huntgroup that is specifically designed to replace the digits.

In night mode the DDI re-routes direct to 590 via AAN-9, so doesn't touch ACD at all.

The above is useless if you want MB 590 to answer. The Mitel will try to integegrate with the DDI digits regardless of the 590 step in between.

Simplest solution if using embedded VM is to create a Nametag Huntgroup numbered *590. Route the DDI to *590 in night and *590 to VM always. The embedded mail will see *590 as direction to force the call to answer with MB 590.

There is a detailed FAQ I wrote on this subject.
faq1329-7197

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

kwbMitel, I had tried to implement that FAQ before, I think I know where I went wrong. I had setup an ACD path (P590) that interflowed to the extension/mailbox 580, but as the mailbox was set on the extension's number, rather than the path's. Or vice versa, I'll try tomorrow and see if I can get it working.

I'll also try the nametag huntgroup and report back when I'm in work tomorrow.

Telecomp, the DNIS the telco sends is 001, we have a range from 001 to 199. We have a nametag huntgroup for each of these (well up to the number of available huntgroups anyway) then as per my message on the 20th, these are call re-routed to the relevant destination. If I dial 001 internally the auto attendant plays, if I dial 590 i get the message "you are being transferred to" "Message Service", and the the Auto-attendant plays it's message again instead of the mailbox message.

I hadn't mentioned the trunks, it's a 30 channel ISDN, (T1-e?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back