Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant "System Closed" Button Mapping Is Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fin Sysadmin

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2016
US
Hello all! I am a first time poster. I have an issue with our 3COM NBX system.

3Com NBX version R6_0_63

The issue is with our Auto Attendant prompt. We have a custom Day Greeting and Night Greeting. The Night greeting plays during out Closed hours. Our system mode is set to Automatic. That works flawlessly. The day greeting plays during Open hours and the Night greeting plays during non-Open hours. If you call the main number after business hours, it doesn't ring, instead it automatically plays our night greeting (which essentially says we are closed). The main number rings to the receptionist's handset. Her handset has a button mapping set to "System Closed." She told me when she pushes that button, it is supposed to automatically put our phone system in Closed mode. So, if someone calls, they get the same experience as if they called at night. Well, that no longer works. Friday we were closed to observe a holiday. The night before, she pushed the button on her phone "System Closed" and when people called Friday, the phone was ringing and eventually played the Day greeting.

I do not know where to begin to troubleshoot this problem. I inherited this phone system and have had to learn it little by little. Yesterday, we tested the receptionist phone during the day (pressing the System closed button on her handset) and it's still not working meaning, the phone still rang and the day greeting prompt played after 8 rings.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back