Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RivrRunner

Technical User
Aug 24, 2004
US
I am trying to set up an auto attendant that will give callers three options. #1 transfers to that extensions voicemail #2 transfers to a second persons extension. #3 transfers to a third persons extension. The problem is with #1. When I set the button to "transfer to voicemail" the caller gets prompted to enter the persons voice mailbox. You can enter the mailbox and the call is then transfered but not all callers will know what mailbox to enter. I am looking for a way that when #1 is pressed the call is routed directly to that extensions mailbox. For any old Nortel folk out there I am looking for a function equal to "Express Messaging".

Not on NBX Messaging as-is with just mailbox.

NetSet/AA/Menu create an AA then modify it - press 1 route to a HUNT GROUP (Calling Group) and in this NEW calling group you will setcall coverage to: Phone: and then enter in: 500FAAAAA4#xxxx#*F (xxxx = enter the 3 or 4 digit ext of persons mailbox) and set timers both to 1.

press 2 = goto single digit transfer to ext (2nd person)

press 3 = goto single digit transfer to ext (3rd person)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back