Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant Menu Option to Replay Greeting 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wastiehl

Programmer
Feb 24, 2003
US
Norstar VoiceMail 4.0
How can I set up the Automated Attendant so that company greeting includes option for caller to hear the greeting again from the beginning?

If you're using a CCR tree, you can define a path (let's say 8) as an info path. When the record screen comes on, press record, then press OK immediately. The next option after you approve the recording is to define where the call routes after playing the info message. Select HOME. When you record the main CCR greeting (path 0), you can say "press 8 to repeat these options".

Excellent, pjolly. Thank you.
I'm not using a CCR tree. Would you recommend that I learn about that or is that too complicated to set up? I can't afford to mess up working company phones.

I needed to do this and it simply did not occur to me.
Wastiehl, CCR is relatively easy, the getting into it and enabling it are just not what I’d call intuitive.
You can follow the directions in the manual.
The best part of the CCR is you can set it all up without activating/enabling it so you can take your time building it etc.
Then you can assign a back line or unused DID's to a Greeting table that points to the tree you created so that you can call it and test it before actually putting it up for general use.
So yes, it is easy once you get the hang of it.
Enabling it is the tricky part.
In addition, if you have VM Manager you can print out VERY BASIC graphical representation of the tree.

If you don't want to set up CCR you can set "Return to AA" to YES and then tell the callers "to repeat this message press *" Pressing * returns you to the beginning of table recording. Pressing ** puts you in log in.

You can also ask them to Press # and the Path number.
This is only if your tight for space and use a lot of the tree do to a complex company and require as many paths as you can get.
If my path 1 is company address I say "to repeat this message please press pound 1" (#1)
Or if I said "for directions press 2" and then I say for directions by car press 1 or by car press 2"
In path 21 I say how to get here by car....to repeat this recording please press pound 21 (#21).

If you would like a "cheat sheet" for programming the CCR, please send me an email at pjolly@yahoo.com and I'll reply with a word attachment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back