Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto-Attendant is Cutting Opening Message!! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

quazimotto

Programmer
Mar 29, 2008
US
Greetings All,

I have an older IP406 5.08 software who's Auto-Attendant is answering a little too quick. It's connected to a PRI. Is there a way to delay-answer? I have listened to the opening wav file on VM Pro and it is in tact; no errors. Is there a fix?

Thank You,
Quaz

With voice manager pro I found the easiest way is I recorded audio of a central office ring turned it into a WAV file and inserted it before the auto attendant main menu greeting. I know there's another way of doing it but it's complicated and I always forget how to create a rain delay.

question regarding the voicemail type
embedded or Vmpro ?

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

You could play a 2 second silence before the actual auto attendant greeting.
I had to do that in some places.

in the enu folder there are several options for difference lenghts

905 - short silence
907 - 2 seconds of silence

and you can repeat them until you have the timing you like

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Then it is easy. Add a second of silence in front of the recording. Not sure what the name of the wav file is but it is definitely there.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

tlpeter - you are getting older and slower it seems [lol]

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Thanks Guys for the comeback.

Guys, I just need to add recording 905 or 907 to entry prompts, make it number 1 and the original prompt number 2 and I should get a complete announcement.?

Quaz

correct
it plays the prompts in order and the silence will make sure that the audio is working when you call in and then play the full greeting you want to play

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back