Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramblingrebel

IS-IT--Management
Nov 25, 2010
CA
i just turned on Auto Attendant on a CICS
i've never had a customer request this
and its one of my 2 last CICS customers
i seem to have it working properly
except for when a caller hangs up
all they wanted was an announcement of where they call when the business is called in an emergency

so the caller hangs up but the CICS keeps the line on hold for what seems like forever
(ie i couldn't get it to hang up for the duration i was there)

i read the system coordinator guide and it seems to imply, if i read it correctly, that theres nothing i can do about it
did i misread it?
i can't see this tying up lines on a busy system forever?
nothing is jumping out at me as a work around
any clues wold be appreciated

rr

i read the system coordinator guide and it seems to imply, if i read it correctly, that theres nothing i can do about it"

Can you be more specific as to what is actually says?

Are your lines programmed as Supervised and does the carrier have it turned on as well? Bell now calls it COD - Cut Off on Disconnect.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

i tried steering liens to supervised and unsupervised, made no difference.
nice that Bell changed the name of a basic call function, to confuse the old techs :)

i would think COD would be on by default, why wouldn't it be?
i hate the thought of chasing bell to check this, i'm still waiting on them to solve an outside plant issue on a PRI thats been going up and down for a month

here's the verbiage from the coordinator guide that has me wondering

Because System Answer answers calls and then puts them on hold, the feature should be turned off when no one is at the telephone to retrieve the calls.

Ok next question would be how did you program the setup exactly?

Example callers hear only the AA greeting up front or using CCR Bus Closed option.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

i used the sys coordinator guide and referenced a cheat sheet i found here in the threads
but going from memory here
i only turned on system answer, for 6 rings
am not using the CCR (I just want it to play an announcement and disconnect caller)
i have just the first greeting turned on
the rest turned off

callers get the customers greeting
and if memory serves call gets put on hold after greeting plays
any phone can pick it up, but this is meant more for after hours if someone forgets to call forward the lines to their night service answering group

is that enough info?

This is definitely a disconnect supervision issue. Supervision on your's and Bell's end must on. Calling Party Connection {CPC) pulse. You will need to verify that you are receiving the pulse when the calling party hangs up or the line will not disconnect. If you monitor the line, on hang up you will here the pulse.

Marv ccna

Check what Marv states and as for the AA info, yes thanks.

I would probably utilize the CCR Bus. closed greeting under Customized Greetings for System Answer and CCR

“Thank you for calling” is
heard when the caller does not respond to the Business closed greeting after
it has been repeated, before the system disconnects the caller.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back