Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attd :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotelBoy

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2004
US
Ok I've set up the auto attendant. But I've got some problems I need help with.

1) I'd like it only to ring 1, or 0 times before it goes to the auto attd.

2) I have 2 options that I'd like to be available to people that will have to allow the call to be transfered outside the hotel. How do I enable that?

Thanks!
Mike

Michael MacCallum
Operations Manager
Marriott International 57/181.41
One Marriott Drive
Washington, DC 20058

One thing we need to know is the system that you are programming.

Meridian 1 Option 11 C

Meridian Mail

Michael MacCallum
Operations Manager
Marriott International 57/181.41
One Marriott Drive
Washington, DC 20058

just sent that to this thread 1078513.. let me know if that works

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

For option 2 you will have to create a Call Transfer block where you would enter the external number to transfer to. The only issue would be the NCOS on the mail agents as well as the restriction permission list. You need to have an NCOS that will allow either local or long distance dialing depending on where you are routing you calls. As well you should add the specific numbers you are routing your calls to the Restriction Permission list to keep the system locked down as much as possible.

martin

i would build a maxp 1 acd with ncfw set to the external number needed for that menu and just use a sub menu that gives the choices you going to offer. i've set that up, with "for a list of recogmended resturant's press 3, then set option 3 to ms with a new ms, in that one each of your selections is a cl 9xxx xxxx, and the rest perm list needs to be local, also set any unused selection to repeat, i never leave a choice undefined.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

getting to some of the finer points, in a ms you have two places to record, greetings and menu choices. the greetings prompt has to contain the menu choices, the second recording is only used for the repeat choice. to make a menu work, you have to point the dn to mail, if your going to forward a phone to a menu, the original dialed dn MUST be in the voice service dn table. and that kills the voice mail for that station, their is a work around if you need it. label everything you can, it will help later...when i build a multi step menu, say ext 2000. the 1st ms is app 2000, if choice 1 is another ms that app is 20001.. that makes it eaiser to make changes to later...not rocket science, just a few things to make your job cleaner

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back