Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

auto ar aging

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrism1

MIS
Sep 9, 2002
US

We would like to setup automated aging of A/R on a daily basis so the accumulaters in the A/R master are up to date.

We're running 7.6.2 on sql. Has anybody tackled this?

Thanks

This is not a report per se, so you cannot use deferred reports to do this. However I have 3 ideas:

1) Use a crystal report, which will age the AR properly, and schedule the crystal report to run as needed. The downside to this is that the aging buckets in the customer records will not be updated.

2) Use shortcut ( to do this on a schedule. You will have to leave Macola open on one machine, and the shortcut client is about $100, but this will definately work. Fabsoft is an Exact 3rd party solutions provider and their products are great.

3) a SQL stored procedure could do this and update the aging buckets, but this would take some serious coding.

Of the 3 ideas above, shortcut is the easiest route by far.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

I would think a SQL stored procedure would be the easiest way to achieve this. My question though would be why? What is it you are running/viewing that these accumulators need to be updated so frequently? If it's a Crystal report showing the ARCUSFIL aging buckets, then rewrite the report to instead calculate the aging from the AROPNFIL.

Peter Shirley

Thanks for the responses.

We already have a process that posts A/R master table info into a custom table in SalesLogix. That's why I was looking at it from the Macola end.

I did this once using a VBS script. The script summed the AROPNFIL by customer and aged the balances, wrote a CSV file with the aged amounts, and finally updated the ARCUSFIL.(Think I still have this somewhere) I then scheduled the script using the windows task scheduler. I think you could also do a view on the AROPNFIL call it AR306090, then write an update script setting the ARCUSFIL to equal the AR306090 view. Then schedule the update script as a package in SQL.

Can Macola event manager be programmed to run the ar\processes\age customer accounts daily at some particular time? If not, how long can this process take if someone has it on their "to do list" each day? Someone else referenced "shortcut" in another post, perhaps that is a possibility to automate the aging process?

The Macola aging application is not a 'stand-alone' executable that could be run outside of Macola - for that reason, Event Manager can't trigger it. If it were a SQL stored procedure or a VB app to perform the same task, then Event Manager could run it. The only other option would be to use a keyboard/mouse macro recording application to log into Macola, run the application and exit - I've seen this type of tool used with some success.

Peter Shirley

Thats what shortcut is -- a keyboard macro program. I have used it successfully to do things like this.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back