Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto-answer with ACD logins on Avaya 9608

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhk_7

Technical User
Sep 28, 2017
PL
Hello.
I have a issue with auto-answer feature, so i need your help guys :)

Avaya 9608,
CM 7
Auto answer parameter on station : acd
Auto answer parameter on agent-ID: acd

And it works only when the handset is lifted. I push the headset button, and call to external numer assigned to this agent.
Release button added.

Can you tell me how to avoid lifting the handset ?
I would like to work with autoanswer without lifting the handset, because it should be off hook all the time. When i put back the handset (on-hook) agent will be logged off then automatically.

I think it's clear :)

When the agent logs in, have them press the headset button first to get dial-tone and then press the login button and login. They should get the 3 tones to indicate they are logged in. They SHOULD NOT press the headset button again. It needs to remain lit. Then auto-answer should work. They should use the release button ONLY to hang up, not the headset button.

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” - Confucius

Yes, I tried like you said, but it isn't working.
If i push the headset button, then login, logging in is correct, but after 2-3 seconds, the headset button's light goes off and log off the agent. I capture that in CMS.
So it looks like the system (or phone) discarding logged status.
btw. I have the headset plugged in :)

Maybe this issue is on hardware side ?
Can you help ?

Internal autoanswer working good. But i need to work external.

It seems to be like a "hook" problem. If "hook button(under the headset)" is pushed, autoanswer not working. Any suggestions ? Help please :)

There are lots of configuration parameters associated with call centre in the 46xxsettings.txt file.

Yes, I have this settings file, but, I dont know what should I change to solve it. I tried a HEADSYS parameter, but still not working well.

So, a phone needs to be "offhook" to auto answer. You need to make sure the phone is ignoring disconnect.

################### CALL CENTER SETTINGS #################
##
## HEADSYS specifies whether the telephone will go on-hook if the headset is active
## when a Disconnect message is received.
## Value Operation
## 0 The telephone will go on-hook if a Disconnect message is received when the headset is active
## 1 Disconnect messages are ignored when the headset is active
## Note: a value of 2 has the same effect as a value of 0, and
## a value of 3 has the same effect as a value of 1.
## This parameter is supported by:
## 96x1 H.323 R6.2.1 and later (the default value is 0 unless the value
## of CALLCTRSTAT is set to 1, in which case the default value is 1)
## 96x1 H.323 R6.1 and R6.2 ignore this parameter, and will ignore Disconnect messages
## if the user is logged in as a call center agent. If the user is not logged in
## as a call center agent, the telephone will go on-hook if a Disconnect message
## is received when the headset is active.
## 96x1 H.323 releases prior to R6.1 (the default value is 1)
## 96x1 SIP R6.4 and later (the default value is 0)
## 96x1 SIP R6.0 and later up to R6.4 (not included) (the default value is 1)
## 96x0 H.323 R1.2 and later (the default value is 1)
## 96x0 SIP R1.0 and later (the default value is 1)
## 16xx H.323 R1.3 and later (the default value is 1)
## SET HEADSYS 0

I have also set parameter "SET HEADSYS" as "0"

So still isnt solved :(

Okay then,

It is solved already.

SET HEADSYS 1 was a correct setting.

Thanks a lot

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor