Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Answer ACD on station and agent ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oscar01

Programmer
Apr 26, 2007
US
Running CM2.2

There are many different configuration arrangements and I'm not sure what happens when an agents station is set on page 2 to "Auto Answer: acd or none" and when their agent ID is set to "Auto Answer: acd, none or station".

Does the station or agent ID supersede the other in that setting?

Also does having a manual in or auto in button on the agent's phone factor in this?

Agents appear to have difficulty logging into split / skill

Auto Answer feature should be turned on only for agents and stations without a
handset. (i.e. Callmaster voice terminals)

agent setting for Auto Answer: acd, all, none, station (if Expert Agent)
station setting for Auto Answer: acd, all, icom, none

This turns off ringing and instead user will get ziptone on incoming calls.
This is for headset type phones only to provide zip tone on incoming calls.

Turning this field on will allow a station or agent to login, get confirmation
tone, and upon hangup of the voice terminal handset, agent will be logged off of
the station it just logged in to. This will work for voice terminals with both a
handset and headset. Just do not hang up the handset until you want to logout.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

One thing to keep in mind, just like the COR set in an Agent Login the agent login auto-answer setting will over-ride the station setting. We currently have the stations the agents log into set as none, but their agent ID is set to ACD.

If it's set to ACD, then it only auto-answers for a call queued to a skill delivered to the agent ID. A direct call to the agent ID will ring normally.

If it's set to none, then no calls auto-answer, all calls ring.

If it's set to all, then all calls are auto-answered.

If it's set to station, it will follow the setting for auto-answer on the station the agent logged into.

- Stinney
"Scire ubi aliquid invenire possis, ea demum maxima pars eruditionis est"

"To know where to find anything is, after all, the greatest part of education"

So with both my station and agent ID set to ACD, all the ACD calls they hear zip tone but when called directly they only hear the phone ringing. Would I need to change the agent ID auto answer to "All"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back