Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto allign columns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovevbsomuchimmad

Programmer
Feb 5, 2007
GB
Hi I have linked my Vb program to my database, but when the datagrid shows the data, the allignment of the collumns is not to its original size if you understand, also when linking to the database the columns are not in the correct order as they should be (the correct order is in Access) rather than in the VB where they are in alphabetical order. Any help please?

the allignment of the collumns is not to its original size if you understand

> I didnt understand. :)

the correct order is in Access

> I am not sure if there is a way to do that. You could create from won select statement (not SELECT *, but SELECT this, that, etc). You can also create stored procedures in the db.. or even a view.

Basically in the datagrid the text at the top is too big for the columns and they are not sized as they should be by showing the full texts. Nope in access its different to hwo it is shown in vb for some strange reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back