Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto adjust screen resolution with FP2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayjay66

Technical User
Oct 31, 2005
Hi,

I designed a website with FrontPage2000 and posted it on the internet. Everything went very smoothly however the only issue is the website does not automatically adjust and fit in the viewers browser's screen. Example, 800x600, 1024x768, I would like it to auto-adjust to the screen resolution. Simple enough I think? LOL Please help me on hoe to do it.

Thanks,
JJ

If I understand the question, you want the width of your page to expand to fit the screen.

Set the width of the outer table to 100%.

No,

What I mean is that if the person viewing the webpage has 800x600 resolution, I want the pictures and all the text to automatically fit in the screen (without scroll bars). If the person viewing the webpage has 1024x768 resolution, I want the pictures and all the text to automatically fit in the screen (without scroll bars) as well, etc..

You know what I mean. Please help.

Thanks,.
JJ

Yes. Set the width of the layout table to 100%.

This sets the page to 100% of the space available in the container (the browser window).

There is no layout table.

All I have is pictures and text.

What do you mean?

There is no layout table.

That is the problem.

Layout is controlled by either a table or by CSs. Using CSS for layout is not for beginners, so you will want to use a table.

Put your entire page into a table and set that table's width to 100%. You can probably edit the HTML to place a table tag after the body tab and an end table tag before the end body tag. Then use Frontpage tools in Design View to set the table width to 100% and the border size to 0.

If you already have horizontal scrollbars, you likely have other problems in addition to this one.

As suggested, use a table or CSS set to 100%... Do you REALLY want photos to stretch the horizontal dimensions of the display. I don't think so.

I personally prefer and static width. That way everything stays where I place it.

The only way to do this and know for sure how it will look is to design a page for each screen size and use client-side scripting to detect what their screen resolution is. Then, based on the the detected screen resolution, display the proper page.

coachdan32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back