Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Authurization code revisit

Status
Not open for further replies.

3allam

Instructor
Aug 6, 2014
EG
thread690-727665

I know this thread is very old, but I had the same issue and I thought that I should share my findings in case someone had this same issue.

Everything is straight forward in the auth. code config, except when using the command 'change authorization code n' there is a small trick that will make it work, allow me to explain.

You assign the station that will use the auth. code in a COR with a FRL lower than the Trunk FRL, hence when you dial the number you will hear the 3 beeps indicating to enter the code, when you do enter the code what actually happens behind the scenes is that you are changing the station COR to another one with a higher FRL. Back to the command 'change authorization code n' in front of the auth. code you put the COR with the higher FRL.

Quick example, station 2001 belongs to COR 1 with FRL 1, you dial a number that routes to a trunk with FRL 6, you hear the 3 beeps to enter the auth. code that will shift you to the COR (the one you've configured in the change auth. code) that have FRL 7, and the call goes through.

Thanks for your time.

Thanks for this. I'll be honest - I've been dealing with Avaya PBX every day for 8 years or so and this has never come up. I know plenty of things, but from that link you posted, I didn't know that PBX-level auth codes had CORs and FRLs - though it all makes perfect sense.

Most people who care enough to use these codes usually have the LD provider manage it for billing records, and I can only imagine that's why I've never needed these commands. In any case, I learned something today. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back