Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Authorizing DHCP..access denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveyoh

Technical User
Jan 30, 2002
US
I have created a child domain and am trying to authorize the DHCP server. I get an access denied error while attempting this. I am able to activate the scope, but not authorize the server. This is a test network and I am logged on as enterprise admin.

have you tried logging into the child DC with the Root domain admin account and then authorised it?

or the other option is on the root DC as a root admin find the dhcp server and authorised it from there

I had the same problem and one of the above worked for me but cannot remember which

"Work to live, don't live to work"

"The problem with troubleshooting is that sometimes it shoots back"

I was logged on to the child domain dc with enterprise admin account. (Both placeholder domain and child are brand new and only have 1 account)and recieved the error "Access Denied". I logged onto root dc and added child server in DHCP, but recieved error it could not be found and to check if it was running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back