Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Authorized Self Study Vs Exam Cert Guide. bcmsn 642-812 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2008
US
Ok... Like most of you, my primary goal is to pass the exam.

I purchased both the Authorized Self Study guide and the Official Exam Certification Guide.

I've now went throught the first 3 chapters in both books. It looks like they were written for totally different objects.

Has anyone worked with both books, and which (or both) would you use, to gain the knowledge needed to pass the test?

Thanks,
Dan

I've worked with both books for the BSCI exam and had the same thoughts. Here is how I would describe them:
Self-Study guide - follows the official courseware almost, if not verbatim. I thought it had a better background information to actually learn more of the ins and outs.

Exam Cert guide - is a nice follow up to the Self-Study guide. Was more vague on things and didn't do as good a job explaining things. There was an expectation that you knew most of the information already.

So...looking at it if you were to read them in a specific order, depending on how well you know the material already, Self-Study first, then Exam Cert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back