Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Authorized Nortel dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljclives

Vendor
May 22, 2004
US
Been installing MICS's and CICS's for years. Used to service the OPT 11C's from '98' to '02. Have a potential OPT 11C upgrade I may not want to pass up but I am not an authorized Nortel dealer. With some awesome remote support I may want to tackle this. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Where are the parts and keycode coming from? Are you just performing labor only?

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Just my opinion, you might very well be able to complete the upgrade successfully with the help of folks on this forum. BUT, if you don't have authorized access to log into Nortel's web site and download S/W, deplists, keycodes, then you might want to do what tnphoneman suggests and call him or another authorized distributor. Unless you have a way back to Nortel in case something goes wrong, you could look bad in front of the client.

Has the client already purchased the upgrade from an authorized Nortel distributor? If so, why isn't that company performing the upgrade?

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

I need more details from the cust; all this is preliminary right now. I def need to go with an auth distributer.

Some Nortel partners only work in a certain geographic area. I would look on Nortel's website for a partner in your area or do a Google search for "Nortel Partner <your city>". That'll provide you with a good starting point.

If you're looking for remote only support, just try to find a Nortel Partner anywhere in the country with a good reputation.

nortel partners that i have worked for (6) do not offer tech support for contractors.. if they did they would be looking for certification from that person..

the upgrade is very simple (after the 1st 50).. but if the system either will not boot, or boots to no cust database.. what is plan b?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back