Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

authorization denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

gib999

Programmer
May 18, 2005
CA
I can't gained access to my server anymore. I used to be able to no problem, but now, all of a sudden, everytime I try to connect with or the ip address of my router (determined by with port forwarding setup, I get this message:

You are not authorized to view this page

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.
HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials. Internet Information Services (IIS).

I have my c:\Inetpub\ directory set to sharing and web sharing, and all permissions for all users are set to full control.

It never used to do this, so why now?

Here is a list of things I did between the last time I had access and the first time I encountered this permission denied message:

- created a new user with his own FTP account.
- Rebooted computer
- noticed router's IP address has changed to 24.71.223.140 (I know that I should have a static IP for hosting, but I haven't done that yet).
- reconfigured port forwarding to 192.168.1.105 on port 80.
- noticed router ip address changed back to what it was before: 68.144.5.14

Any ideas?

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention: OS = Windows Server 2003 Web Edition. Working within an office network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back