Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Authorization Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelecomTech34

Vendor
Jan 20, 2012
US
Hello,

I built a new authorization code in ld 88 with the intent to assign it to a new user who needs long distance access on a phone that needs to be restricted to everyone else. The phone he wants to use is restricted to just 911 and internal which is NCOS 0. I want to leave this restriction but allow him to use a code to dial long distance. Is there something in Class of Service that I need to change? When I try to dial long distance from that phone I get "release and try again" with a busy signal...no stutter dial tone. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

You built the code in AUT and assigned the CLAS?
You assigned the appropriate COS and NCOS under the same CLAS?
You set the MFRL in the RLI being used for the LD calling?

All I did was go into ld 88 and followed some notes I had from awhile back. REQ- NEW, TYPE- AUT, CUST- 0, SPWD- (password),CODE- (created a new 5 digit code), CLAS- 003(which I thought was supposed to be the NCOS I wanted the user to have).

Then I printed out the codes to confirm my new one was there.
I'm not sure about how to setup the COS and NCOS in CLAS or the MFRL in the RLI, can you explain further for me? I guess that's what I'm missing.

Problem solved. I needed to program the phone itself as AUTR in Class of Service, ITEM- MAUT, and AUTH 1_(5 digit code). Also to dial from that phone I needed to start with 1_6 then (auth code), after dial tone enter the desired number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back