Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Authoritative Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraR

Technical User
May 15, 2003
GB

I have a puzzling problem! I am testing AD restore procedures in our test environment. To do this, on a domain with 2 DCs, I have made a Vertias backup of the system state of DC1. I have then created some groups / users and ensured they have replicated to DC2. I have then rebooted DC1 into Restore mode and restored Active Directory. Without rebooting, I've then run NTDSUTIL to perform an Authoritative restore - which is reported as sucessful. I have then rebooted DC1. Initially, DC1 has the old info (ie without the new groups) and DC2 has the new groups. However, once replication is complete, the new groups appear on both DC's....

Am I missing something here? Why is DC2 info overwriting DC1, when I have performed an Authoritative restore? Has anybody got any suggestions. I've tried this twice now to no avail....

Thanks in advance,

Sara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back