Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Authoriastion Code COS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamvari

Vendor
Feb 1, 2008
ZW
I need help on Barring level for an Authorisation Code. On Pgm 227 you can assign a pin code but i failing to change the class of service .Is there another procedure or you just cant change it.

With ipldk 60:
You can set Authorization Code and select COS starting index 49,
because you have only 48 ext.

I have an Ipldk 100 with version.3.6 and the other one is running on 3.7 software. all are doing the same. When you say index 49 you are refering to authorisation code number 49. What is the issue with speed dials how do you phone using an authorisation code.

Hi Petros

Here is a good description af the AC codes:
This feature provides a means for limiting access to specified CO lines by stations and DISA users. To access a CO line, a user should input a valid authorization code matching an authorization code stored in the system. Authorization code can be used as a verified code for SMDR, a DISA account code, or both if system DISA verifying flag is assigned with station base. Authorization This feature provides a means for limiting access to specified CO lines by stations and DISA users. To access a CO line, a user should input a valid authorization code matching an authorization code stored in the system. Authorization code can be used as a verified code for SMDR, a DISA account code, or both if system DISA verifying flag is assigned with station base. Authorization code may be assigned by station or Admin.
Operation:
To access a CO line when authorization codes are required,
1. Attempt a CO line access, and DND warning tone is
heard.
2. Enter the authorization code (5 digits).
3. If valid, the CO line is connected and if not
valid, you will hear error tone.

Programming:
? Authorization Code (PGM 227)
? DISA Account Code (PGM 141-BTN 3)
? CO Line Group Account (PGM 141-BTN 9)

Conditions:
1. The total number of authorization code in the
system is 164 for LDK-100.
2. The same authorization code cannot be assigned.
3. To register the authorization code in a station,
[TRANS/PGM] + 3 1 + authorization code + [HOLD/SAVE]
4. To change the authorization code in a station,
[TRANS/PGM] + 3 2 + current authorization code +
new authorization code + [HOLD/SAVE]

Hope that you can use this!

///doktor

Normally we would use the Authorisation code of PGM for users that should be able to dial in to a DISA line and after entering their code, they are allowed to dial out on a public trunk. (trunk to trunk). That is why it is possible to initiate up to 164 codes, and only 96 extensions. Not all users that are in possesion of a code need an extension number.
A good idea is to enable SMDR (CDR) to see who calls in and out and what codes are being used.
The codes are also used to logon to your VMUB mailbox from outside to listen to messages, changing your greeting and cancelling the diversion (forwarding) af your extension to the VMIB.

///doktor

I don´t know the ipldk 100, but...
If you max number of stations is 96, then the Authorization Codes( WALKING COS) starting in index 97 on PGM 227.
Respect to Speed Dial:
You have 2 types: System Speed Dial and Station Speed Dial
If you need dial a restricted number, then you must set up in System Speed Dial table (this table have range 2000-2199 for unrestricted dialing and 2200-2499 for resctricted dialing by Station COS, for ipldk 60).
Do you have the FEATURES DESCRIPTION.PDF file?
In it, you can see all features about ipldk

I hope this be usefull..

Saludos..

JLMT//

thank you for valuablbe input but still i dont have an answer. my question is can i change the COS or barring level of an authorisation code i.e from international to local only or which ever class is needed. i have programmed the codes they are working but since they can be used on any extension the authoriastion code must have a programmable cos.

Easy Example:
Yours station only dial local calls, you can set a COS 2 each one,and if you want to make a Long Distance call, then, you use the walking cos on any set.
This walking cos override your COS 2 only just one call.
when your hang on, come back to COS 2.
Hands on:
1.- To Set up COS 2:
PGM 116: ENTER STATION RANGE AND SELECT DAY COS 2, AND NIGHT COS 2
With this, set up COS 2 to your stations.
2.- To define COS 2 to Local Calls:
PGM 224 TABLE A:
DENNY A: PUT YOUR RESTRICTION FOR PERMIT ONLY LOCAL CALLS
ALOW A: LEFT BLANK
NOTE: YOURS TRUNKS MUST BE WITH COS 1.
3.- AUTHORIZATION CODES
PGM 227:
INDEX DAY COS NIGHT COS
130 1 1
COS 1 is unrestricted

Authorizaton codes starting Index 130 and up

I hope be useful...