Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Authentications problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

v3user

Technical User
Aug 8, 2006
US
I'm having an issues with a user's system, we are on a domain, he is on XP Pro and logs in as domain user. I recently changed his password and now he's always getting prompted for his password everytime he tries to access a share on the DC, or his email(exchange), or a printer that is shared from the server. Of course we've tried to log off/on, reboot, disjoined/rejoin from domain. Any ideas? It almost seems like his old password is still being passed when accessing anything from the server.

Help please!

Any chance you have multiple DC/DNS servers in the domain?

Perhaps the servers are pointing to one...

And the users to another (via DHCP or otherwise) as primary DNS...

And your DC/DNS servers are not replicating?

Its SBS 2003, so its only 1 DC/DNS

and you've verified that he's in the appropriate security groups, and you haven't mistakenly removed those groups from the resources he's trying to attach to?

This may be a better question for an SBS 2003 forum compared to XP Pro though.

But I'm wondering if its not just his PC, I can change a password for anyone else and they continue to work fine.

I would go back and verify his account compared to others.

Use a different machine with him and see if you ahve the same problems

Basic troubleshooting of AD accounts of both the user AND the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back