Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Authentication via WSRP w/ Sharepoint and WebLogic

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaketektips

Programmer
Jan 19, 2009
US
Hello,

I am using Sharepoint Server 2007 as a WSRP consumer that gets remote portlets from a WSRP Producer (which is a WebLogic Portal 10.3 domain). I have added the producer to the TrustedWSRPProducers.config file and can see my remote portlets when I go to modify my WSRP Web Part. However, the producer can't seem to authenticate the consumer. I look in the WebLogic WSRP monitor and can see that the getMarkup request has a 'runtimeContext' element with a 'userAuthentication' sub-element of 'wsrp:password'. Also, I see a 'userContext' element with a 'userContextKey'subelement present. Our website uses Windows authentication, so do I need to create users on the producer (i.e. WebLogic) end with the same name as our Windows accounts?

Another thing to note is that we are able to get WSRP working between two WebLogic servers because it uses SAML to authenticate. Do I need to do something similar with Sharepoint?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back