Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

authentication to exchange 5.5 for remote users

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmsbony

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2001
GB
We have a remote user in our company who has had his NT password changed from the office via the server console.

He can still log on to the network without problems but cannot log on to the exchange server.

Every time outlook (2002) is opened he is prompted to enter his logon details and whenver he enters his new password it is rejected (I would have tried the old one but he cannot remember it, which is why it was changed initially).

I know if we get him into the office and plug him into the network normally we will solve the problem but is they any way round this issue via dialup?

we are using exchange 5.5

any ideas?

peter

I assume he is connecting using some sort of VPN so what he needs to do is log onto his local machine, CTRL ALT Delete and Change password, this will synch. the network and local logon and will also get rid of this message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back