Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Authentication failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

brent123

MIS
Mar 21, 2006
US
I have developed a web site that users can upload file to a server. I have created a user account that only has access to log into the web servers. This account can't be used to log onto any other computer in the organization. When I try to log onto the website with these credentials I get an HTTP 500 Internal Server Error -2146893052 (0x80090304). The IIS logs show a 401 and 500 error everytime I tried to log into the website. i also see the below event in the event viewer. I thought this might be a permissions issue, but I'm not quite sure how to resolve this issue. Any Thoughts?

Event Type: Failure Audit
Event Source: Security
Event Category: Logon/Logoff
Event ID: 533
Date: 4/19/2006
Time: 11:42:51 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: webserver
Description:
Logon Failure:
Reason: User not allowed to logon at this computer
User Name: username
Domain: domain
Logon Type: 3
Logon Process: NtLmSsp
Authentication Package: NTLM
Workstation Name: workstation

Thanks,

This is quite technical question, you may want to post this thread in a forum for the Server Side language you're using or in the IIS or Webserver Forums, they'll be a little more technicaly minded.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back