Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Authenticating on a Domain 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GShort

MIS
Apr 20, 2005
US
When I first tried Reporting Services I was playing and didn't have a HTTPS cert and logged in as the local admin which had all the software on it, when I did this I didn't have to enter a username or password. But when I install our live server I was unable to log into the report web site without entering [domain\username] and my password.

Well to make a long story short I put in my reports servers address into my trusted domains in IE and now I no longer have to enter in username and password.

I then modified our domain policy in Active Directory for all users to trust the site and now no one has to enter username and password.

Hopefully this helps someone out.

Question. Did you have a HTTPS cert installed on the live site when you made the AD change?

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"If a person is Microsoft Certified, does that mean that Microsoft pays the bills for the funny white jackets that tie in the back???

Yes. When people go to the site it gives them to pop up messages telling "The current Web page is trying to open a site in your trusted sites list. Do you want to allow this?". The user has to click "Yes" twice but that is a whole lot quicker then entering username and password every time. All of the workstations are running Win XP Pro Service Pack 2. Of course if you accessing the site from a remote computer you still need to enter the username and password.

I haven't seen any documentation on this so I thought I would post to help enyone else out. I am intrested if this works for others so if you could post on the results of this fix that would help out.

Thanks for the info. It is helpful. We're putting out our test reports over the next two weeks to get our users used to the idea that they are no longer going to be using Access reporting. Hopefully, they won't complain too loudly.

@=)

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"If a person is Microsoft Certified, does that mean that Microsoft pays the bills for the funny white jackets that tie in the back???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back