Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Authenication timesout at 20 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

sodakotahusker

Programmer
Mar 15, 2001
No matter what I do - our authentication is getting lost at 20 minutes. The global configuration setting for asp.net 2.0 State Management was set to 20 minutes. I changed that to 60, but no help. I set the forms timeout attribute to "60". No help. I set the worker process shutdown in the app pools to 60. No help. I can't find anything else to tweak. Anyone ever heard of asp.net 2 being flaky with timeouts - or knows of a stone I have not turned over.

is the page not being used for 20 minutes? 20 minutes is the default timeout for session.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

If you are using forms authentication what about the timeout parameter from the web.confir?
Code:
<authentication mode="Forms">
  <forms loginUrl="Login.aspx" name="mytest" protection="All" timeout="60" path="/" />
</authentication>

HTH
Mark

I included that in my first message of things that did not work. Thanks anyway

20 minutes is the default but I have changed the default but still not seeing the change.

Hi

If your using IIS there is a timeout in there which default is 20

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back