Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

auth codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnpoole

Programmer
May 26, 2004
US
Today my switch prompts you for auth codes if you have a ncos of 3, that changes your ncos to 4, where do i tell the switch to prompt a ncos 4 to prompt and change ncos to 6, i have set up a aut that allows ncos to 7, changed my frl in the rlb to 6, nctl had frl 6 =to ncos 6.. but when i dial ld from the station ncos 4 i get blocked, not auth code request. this is a 81C /25.40..thanks

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Are you looking to have an auth code change NCOS 4 to an NCOS 6 or an NCOS 7? I can't tell if you're talking about 6 or 7 since you mentioned both...

4 change to 7...sorry..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I hope I understood you correctly. Assuming NCOS 7 = FRL 7 and you're looking to create a new CLAS that changes 4 to 7, see below: (LD 88, by the way). I just created a new CLAS 45.
REQ CHG
TYPE AUB
CUST 0
SPWD
ACDR
AUTHCOD_ALRM
RANR
ACLE
BRST
RTRY
CLAS 45
COS CTD
TGAR 1
NCOS 7
CLAS (carriage return)
Then, at REQ again, type NEW, TYPE AUT, at CODE enter new code, at CLAS enter new CLAS. hope this helps...

I beleive when he calls from a phone of ncos 4 he does not get a prompt for please enter your auth code. There has to be an intercept treatment for when a phone doesn't have the correct restriction requirement to go out over a route it will then be directed to a ran with the auth code prompt.

CODE 000011 CLAS 004...the code that tells 000011 is now a 4

004 UNR 06 07 ....the aub that tells me that after the code my phone has a soft tgar of 6 and a soft ncos of 7...

my frl for that rlb is 3..if i change my ncos to 2, dial ld i get a request for auth..

if i change my flr for the rlb to 6, using the same 000011, i get fast busy, same as i should get if auth was turned off, except i get after all digits not as soon as i do if i dial a npa that i can't use (1900)

flr7 = ncos 7 ncos 3 = ncos 3.. the 7 ncos's that i use are one for one...

what did i miss??? i looked through a couple of sites and the ntp (Nortel Trivial Pursuit) but don't see what i missed

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

After you change the FRL on outbound route are you trying to use the same telephone instrument? If not, does the phone it's NOT working from have AUTD in the CLS? a long shot, I know.

same phone, thanks anyway

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

NETWORK CLASS OF SERVICE:
"An authcode entry modifes user's NCOS for duration of call. FRL associated w/user's assigned NCOS is used to determine if it is necessary to prompt for an authcode entry."
will try to find more for you but maybe this little bit helps...

after re-reading what I just sent you I realized this is useless info, as you already know all this...duh...

STATION SPECIFIC AUTHCODE:
"w/rls. 19 & later, Station Specific Authcode (SSAU), pkg. 229, enables the system admin to define the auth code access level for each telephone." Maybe that phone can't use the new auth code? I'm still looking for more info....

both tips are good but not my problem, i change the same 2616 from auth code 3 to 4, i change my frl on a rli to 5, i use a working auth code that ups me to a ncos 7, i dial the related number from my phone, get re-order, drop my ncos to a 3, change notheing else dial the same number from the same phone get a auth code prompt, can't find a place in the switch where it defines allow auth for ncos 3, but not to ncos 4..driving me crazy...trying to do a rebuild of bars so i can have a ncos that allows 411 for some users but still prompts them for an auth code for ld, today 411 is wide open and the install used ncos 1 2 3, no place to fit one in the middle, i moved 3 to 7 for free int,ld etc, move 3 to 5 for free ld, and use 1 and 2 for auth, now i need to use 4 for 411 allow and still have a auth code. it all works except ncos 4 doesn't prompt for auth code

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Did you change your clas setting in ld 88 under aub where you set up the ran route for the auth codes?

i changed class 3 to ncos 5 (from 4) my auth code is a class three.. is there another place, btw we don't use a ran, just send the report of repeat attempts.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The only place I know to set it are in ld 16 on the route and ld 88. from your posts it looks like you have everything set right so it should work. There has to be something small we are missing. I'll dig a little harder.

Is the MFRL on your RLI still 3? That could explain why you're not being prompted in the beginning for an auth code. Your current NCOS is 4, which is greater than your minimum FRL for the RLI. You wouldn't be prompted in the beginning for the auth code unless your NCOS were lower than the MFRL of the RLI. You may have already looked at this...

Marie Curie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back