Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audx Directory Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

rydex

MIS
Mar 11, 2003
US
A couple of weeks ago I added 3 New voice mail subscribers.
When I call in and do a look-up-by-name, I get a "Subscriber ID Not Vaild" message.

Other than that everything is fine. The users would like to have their names listed in case customers forget their names this way they can at least do a dial by name.

I tried comparing with other subscribers but, found no difference.

TC

I suspect you have a definity audix. Try and do an Audix mailbox audit and and Audix name audit. This should fix the problem. Also name lookups are based on how the name was entered in the subscriber form. Typically yu use the format {last name},{first anme} to do a look up. However if you programmed the subscriber {first name}{sp}{last name} it will not find that user. Hope this helps

Thanks

Chris

Chris has the right idea. I had named a few extensions Conference Room, Conference Room B, Lunch Room etc. When I tried to do the look up I was unable to due to the system thinking that B was the last name for Conference Room B.
Also, if you are getting that while dialing from the outside, make sure that those new extensions have been added to the Definity PBX as users and if they are that they have a coverage path assigned that will allow the call to look in the Audix system.

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back