Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audix Reply to Original Caller

Status
Not open for further replies.

hetzerman

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2002
US
We are running a Definity G3 v8 with an Audix v5.0-63 voicemail system. We are experiencing the following issue:

1) Caller is transferred into a voice mailbox and leaves message
2) Recipient listens to message in mailbox and chooses to reply to caller's message
3) The reply goes to the extension that transferred the call into the recipient's voicemail and NOT back to the original caller who left the voicemail.

This happens whether the caller is transfer to an extension or directly into voicemail. Is there a way to preserve the originating calling extension versus the extension that transferred the call as being the "reply to" extension?

My only thought is maybe if they transfer to the outside and then back in, if it is a D.I.D. line.

Da-vi'do
P.S. For the best response to a question, read FAQ222-2244. Also give the type & version of your voice mail & pbx & preview your post to make sure it is complete & understandable. Please answer all questions so that I may have the info to assist you. Leaving a post on how you fixed the problem will also be appreciated.

If it's a coverage point, have you tried using the Transfer to Voice Mail feature code?

Sorry, that was a little unclear. If the station doing the transferring is a coverage point trying to send the call to someone's voice mail, try using the Transfer to Voice Mail feature code instead of doing a straight-up transfer.

Unless you've already tried that.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back