Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audix Outcalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

2wire

Technical User
Aug 11, 2004
US
I have a question about Outcalling.

We are setting up users to work from home. We have Modular Messaging and Audix. We want to alert the home users when they get voicemails. The MM works great with Call Me. The part that the company likes is that it can be controlled by the voice team by putting in the user’s number where the notification will go and the only user interface is to either turn on / off the Call Me feature.

As I investigate Outcalling, it appears the feature is at the mercy of the user to put in the number where the notification is sent along with a few other options. That is not what the business wants; they want to control everything about the feature other than turning it on / off. Does anyone know of a way to restrict the user to only turning outcalling on / off and allowing the administrators to input the number, time and type of message to notify?

I appreciate everyone’s help.

2wire

From the TUI the only option you have is to turn On or Off Call Me. I don't know if it is realistic to remove or not install Subscriber Options for the users but that would be the only way I can think of.

If you have access to Subscriber Options (or Web Subscriber Options) I don't think there is a way to restrict it in the manner you desire.

Chuck

RCT Technologies

If I read correctly, you want to limit Intuity Audix Outcalling to permit users to only turn it on or off and not to input their own phone number.

Unfortunately in your case, Intuity doesn't allow that level of control and assumes end users will be able to control their own settings. As you already know, Modular Messaging provides more levels of access and denial of those permissions.

I could be wrong about that, but I'm pretty sure you won't be able to make your Intuity Audix act like the Modular Messaging regarding Outcalling.

Thanks ZZOne,

You did read my question correctly. I guess the business will have to trust their employees.

I appreciate all the responses.

2wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back