Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audix message lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

1brc

Technical User
Aug 12, 2003
US
Can anyone tell me how to reset the message waiting light. I have several sets thet the light stays on after all messages are cleared. The system has been restarted but that didn't help. We have a Legend 7.0 with Audix voice mail.

You can do it manually at each extension, or system-wide, by going into "maintenance", "MW LP Update", "Clear MWL". (MWL = Message Waiting Light)

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

thanks but how do I do it from the ext?

On an MLX phone, touch Menu, Messages, Delete Messsage - assuming you know you have no "real" messages. This will/should clear the message light.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

That is, if the MLX Phone is a DISPLAY.

If you the phone is NOT a Display, re-post for more info.

We have some sets that are not display.

Try this, go to phone with msg lite lit, touch intercom dial #54 then #26. You may need to do this twice.

If this is a system wide problem effecting many stations it may be an issue with the touch tone receivers on the ports the audix is connected to. I would take an analog phone and connect it to every port the audix is using and attempt to turn on and off the message waiting indicators.

Just reading through this post, I used the #54 and #26 to clear the light, I think that worked, but now how do I get it back to just the regular display? When incoming calls come in, it won't show me the extension, just "No Messages"

Thanks!

#54 again

Have a customer, local prefixes are 54X, and they keep missing the 9 and hitting the #. Guess what their most common problem is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back