Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audix Lodging on CM 3, Guest cannot log in to guest mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneguy15

Vendor
Apr 23, 2002
US
Have a site with Audix Lodging setup.
We are not able to access the guest mailbox at all.
The mailbox will answer but not able to access it and retrieve messages or record a custom greeting.

I have gone through the Lodging Administration menu to reset the mailbox password. I have also checked out and checked back in the guest mailbox.
I have verified that the mailbox is showing up in the Mailbox usage report when checked in.
The mailbox also disappears from the mailbox usage report when checked out.

No matter what I set the guest Password to we are not able to access the guest mailbox.

Anyone have any ideas where the problem may be or what I should be checking next?

Thanks in advance!!

-Todd

can you delete and recreate the mailbox? reboot the voicemail?

Thanks for the reply!
I am unfamiliar with any way to manually delete the mailbox besides using the 'check out' function.
I did reboot the Audix last night and then checked out and checked in the room. When I attempted to log in again I'm still getting the same 'login incorrect' error.

-Todd

Usually a guest doesn't need to enter a password when they're checking messages from within their room, only from a phone outside of their room.
If you are using a PMS integration with your Lodging the PMS sometimes is set to assign a password when the guest checks in,

There are 2 different message retrieval numbers on Audix/Lodging. Regular administration type subscribers use the hunt group number to log in, and lodging mailboxes for guests have to use a different number programmed on the switch for them to access their mailboxes. Could you be trying to log in to the guest mailbox with the wrong access number?

I've tried using no password as well to log in.
I could not find an alternate number that the rooms would call to retrieve messages in programming and I am able to log in to other guest mailboxes using the Audix HG number. I used 'list extension-type' to try and find the alternate access number. Is there somewhere else I should be looking to find that number?
Also they do not use any PMS integration (according to the site contact anyway).

-Todd

I'm not sure of your lodging version, but usually to log in to a lodging mailbox you call a phantom number that covers to the hunt group, or a VDN that routes to the hunt group instead of the Audix hunt group directly. The station or VDN could be labeled Guest Lodging or something similar. There are a few different ways of setting this up, assuming you're using an older Intuity Lodging?

The link below takes you to an Avaya page that has a heading of Message-Retrieval Administration on Intuity Lodging and gives a good explanation of the different ways the retrieval can be set up.

I am unable to find any alternate access for the guests to use to retrieve messages. When I asked the site contact he said that the guests dial the same number as the HG ext to log in to the guest mailboxes.
If I build a subscriber mailbox in Audix Administration the guest can log in and set a greeting and everything but a caller to the room is answered by the guest mailbox greeting not the subscriber mailbox greeting.

It's been about 10 years since I've had to work with any Audix Lodging so I'm extremly rusty on all of the lodging administration.

Is there somehwere that you define which stations are to use the lodging mailboxes as opposed to the subscriber mailboxes? Or is that just determined by the COS of station in Comm Manager? I have not been able to find it in any of the documentation that I've found or in the doc that you linked previously.
I have tried changing the COS of the guest room extension but still get the guest mailbox greeting when doing a test call to the room.

PS- looks like the Intuity is running R5.1.53

-Todd

It's been well over 10 years since I've seen any Lodging as well! On the guest room phones I think they just have to have a COS with Client Room enabled.

When you add mailboxes, depending on your design, regular users are usually added under the Audix menu - add subscriber xxxx. Guest room mailboxes are added under the Lodging Administration- Guests Mailbox Administration-Mailbox menus.

Take a look at page 187 of the really old doc on the attached link. It shows how services are assigned to access numbers, but instead of going to Voice System Administration, Number Services, and then Assign Service I think there is an option to display services assigned. See if there is an entry with a service of "Lodging". This would be the number guests call to access voicemail - and I believe it would need to be tested from a guest room. If I remember correctly on the Lodging menus, one of the options is to change keys to show more options available on a menu, F8 or F9 I think, but I remember the delete button was the same as the save function depending on what page you're on for commands so be careful not to inadvertently delete or change anything you don't want to.

Also on page 131 it gives an explanation of how passwords can be used for guest rooms.

Thanks for the additional docs!
Ok, I've looked at the Number Services assigned to the system and the only entry is Any, Any, Any, Any, AUDIX+ldg

That looks to me that there is no separate number set up for lodging guests to access it and that either subscribers or guests can call the same number to access their mailboxes.

-Todd

That could be I guess - but you mentioned that calls to the guest rooms cover to the lodging mailbox but when they try to login they to go an Audix mailbox? Is this something that was working before or is it new?

You could try to trace a call directed to a guest room to see if it gives you any clues as to how it's getting to Lodging, and compare it to a trace of a call that covers to regular Audix.

As a test you could add a phantom station, x1234 for example, on the switch and have it cover to the voicemail hunt group.
Call x1234 from a guest room to see if it takes them to lodging. If no change, then temporarily add x1234 as the assigned service number for lodging - so called numbers are 1234 to 1234 and calling numbers are any to any and assigned service is Lodging (page 187). Just be careful not to remove the existing entry.

-Solved-

I found that there were 2 mailboxes assigned. One in the Audix Application and one in the Lodging Application.
The mailboxes were conflicting on answering calls and accessing for message retrieval.

I ended up deleting the Lodging mailbox since they had already recorded their name and greeting in the Audix mailbox.
They don't use any PMS system or have anyone going in and manually checking in or checking out the guests so the Lodging side of things don't really appear to be getting used all that much.

I tested leaving a message and retrieving the messages and all is working correctly now.

I really appreciate all of the responses! It was very helpful to be able to bounce ideas back and forth.

-Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back