Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audix Card - Hot Swapable ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

saphiamond

Technical User
Jul 18, 2006
US
Good Day! I have a Definity G3csi V12 with a Definity Audix R4.0 card. We have replaced the Audix with another system that has been functioning for sometime. We want to use this Audix slot for another T1 or Digital line card.

Can I pull the audix card (taking up apparently 2 slots) while the system is up with no repercussion?

What is the process for doing so?

Can I add a T1 or digital line card to the slot while the system is live?

Thank you.
Andre

You may remove the card without damage to the system, yes it is hot swapable. You must first remove any translations associated with Audix and the digital/analog port card, otherwise you will not be able to use the slot(s) for anything else. Once this has been done, press the shutdown button on the front of the Audix and wait till the display screen on the card stops flashing M-Shut and is steady. Then you may remove the card. A "List config all" should show the slots as vacant if you have removed everything correctly.

Thank you Phonesrus! :)

When you say digital/analog card, what are you refering to?

Which translations should I remove?

Cheers!
Andre

The Audix is 2 slots one is the voicemail and one is the integration board, either analog or digital emulation. You must make sure all the audix member ports and assignments are removed, prior to removing the board. If you do not then when you insert a different board type, it will not work. "list config all" will tell you if there are any ports administered in the slots where Audix is inserted.

Thanks. These are the 2 slots for audix:

01B09 RESERVED-AUDIX-12D TN568 audix
u u u u u u u u
01B10 EMBEDDED AUDIX TN568 000003
01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12

So 01B1001-01B1012 are associated with x480-482 & x491-499

So as long as I remove all those extensions & do the shutdown proceedure, I can just remove the card right?

Then if I want to insert a T1 or Digital Line card, do I just insert it? Or is there some special proceedure I should follow?

Your help is most appreciated! :)

Andre

Yes, remove the stations, then shutdown the Audix and remove it. Then do a "List config all" again and see if it lists the cards, If not then you are good.
If it still shows the cards, then do "cha circuit", go the "1b" slot locations and remove them (blank).Enter and then recheck if successful. If you get an argument from the switch, then something is still administered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back