Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audix calls the operator then hangs up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ack41

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2003
US
I have a Magix 3.0 with Intuity Audix 4.4. It has worked fine for 2 years. Beginning about 3 weeks ago, the Audix calls the operator (zero) 5 to 10 times per day. Rings one ring (SA Ring) and hangs up. If she answers, nobody is there. There are no complaints of lost calls by the users. The ring and display indicate that this is an internal zero call directly from the last Audix port. The MLX-20L reads ‘Oper AUDIX 6 x153’ which is the correct label and extension number for that port. I have tried ‘manoos’ (Man Out of Service - command) ports on the Audix and the problem moves to the last available port. They are not using outcalling feature. Message lights are always turning on/off correctly too. Anyone know why an Audix will do this? Any ideas appreciated! The admin says they have not made any recent changes…

Mine does this too. I have checked outcalling, and coverage groups. Everythings fine, even did a print all.

Look in the adment log and see if they really didn't change anything on the INtuity. Try turning outcalling off for the Intuity system wide if no one needs it.
Also think about maybe someone from the outside trying to do toll fraud. Is the 'display system features" third page show "tranfer=subscribers"?

My name is David, and I have approved this message.

P.S. A message to all,if you want to get the best response to a question, please read FAQ222-2244 first. Also give the type and version of your voice mail & pbx system & preview your post to make sure it is complete & understandable.

Intuity is fine. I believe it is something in the legend. It happens to me every time someone renumbers something, or fidgets with the dial plan. I just renumber everything back to default, and only renumber the things that need it. Try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back