Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audix 3.2 crash disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2004
LU
I have an customer with an old audix integrated in a definity. The Disk have crashed and i wanted to install all the system.(It is not the firts time i do that)Now after do an copy generic partitions(with the Generic tape) the system reboot and show me that:

NOTICE: Root filesystem is repaired.

*** ROOT FILE SYSTEM REMOUNTED ***
*** ROOT REMOUNTED ***
getfdata: read fdisk failed
addev: getfdata failed
errno <6>
reterror <5>
The /var file system (/dev/audix/disk0/rvar.s5) is being checked.
Can't open /dev/audix/disk0/rvar.s5
/dev/dump: No such file or directory
/dev/rdump: No such file or directory
ln: cannot access /dev/audix/disk0/swap.raw
ln: cannot access /dev/audix/disk0/rswap.raw

INIT: Cannot create /var/adm/utmp or /var/adm/utmpx

INIT: failed write of utmpx entry:" "

INIT: failed write of utmpx entry:" "

INIT: SINGLE USER MODE

Type Ctrl-d to start AUDIX,
(or give root password for system maintenance):

What does it means?

ctrl f4 or something might be f7. command option 7 load from device 2 which is tape drive have generic tape 1 inserted if device fails grab another hard drive and or tape drive sometimes those thing's are a pain in the butt with a combo of things. sounds like your harddrive though start from scratch i can provide more info on doing this if needed but its worth figuring out on your own for future reference. good learning tool just do it. cant get any worse 3.2's are good systems if you can get all the programming to match in the switch ie: stations,hunt,if not ports when you to a st voice will come up everytime as fos or isp you wanna see isi. let me know if you need more info i will get my green book! P.S. Try getting into root, l:root.pw:root. may vary all kinds of info about root on the internet as far as unix commands go.create the files for fun to see if you can fool the system not sure what those files its looking for are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back