Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auditing not working - SQL Statements cannot be prepared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harinmenon

Technical User
Jun 20, 2007
GB
Hi All,
We have Auditing enabled in the production server in our environment. It was enabled recently and not along with the initial installation. We enabled it and then imported the Activity universe and the default reports provided by BO for auditing.

The connection tests for universe tells it works fine, the reports appear too. But when we try refreshing any of these reports, we get this message :

Database Error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Statement(s) could not be prepared.. Contact your Business Objects administrator or database supplier for more information. (Error: WIS 10901) (Error: INF)

Could anyone throw some light on this? Is there anything we manually need to do with the Auditing database?

Our environment :
BO XI R2 SP1 (WebI)
Win 2K3 Server
SQL Server 2000 (CMS & Auditing)
Oravcle 10g (Data Source)

Thanks in advance...

Did you deploy the MS-SQL Universe or the Oracle Universe for "Activity"...?

It is my understanding that they are actually different Universes, not the same universe that can use different data connections.

The error looks like you are trying to use a MS-SQL universe connection for the Oracle Universe for "Activity

IIRC, the universe defaults to MS-SQL and you have to modify it to work on Oracle (I did implemented auditing a year ago, so I don't remember exactly, but I think that's what I had to do....)

If you're not familiar with working with universe, here's how you modify it:

1. Run the Designer application and log in to your CMS using the Administrator ID and password.
2. Go to the File menu and Import the "Activity" universe (select it and click "OK" - DO NOT double-click on it!)
3. Go to the File menu and select "Parameters".
4. On the first tab, you'll see the Connection listed at the bottom. Click on the "New" button and create a new connection that goes to your Auditing database. Be sure to test it and make sure it works.
5. Click on OK to save the Parameters.
6. Go to the File menu and select "Export" to update the universe and create the connection in BO.

You may also have to go into the CMC and set the rights on your new connection to get this all to work.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back