Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audit user/computer for sql queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredjonze

Technical User
Apr 9, 2001
US
Hi,
We have many SQL2k servers and need to change userid/passwords for several systems level accounts. Some reports may have the userids embedded into the reports. Is there a way to audit access to SQL server and identify not only the user id but the workstation that the request is coming from? I've look at windows logging, profiler, sql logs, and netmon. I can identify the userid...I just don't know what computer is sending the request.

Any ideas are appreciated.

The sysprocesses table will tell you the user and the machine that it's comming from. I would schedule something to read the sysprocesses table every couple of mintues and dump the data into a table, then you can sift through the data the next day, and get a good sampling of where things are comming from.

BTW sysprocesses is in Master.

Denny

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back