Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audit failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceaserx

Technical User
Apr 14, 2008
ZA
Hi guys

I have a MXE III controller running MCD 7 SP1 PR1 and when I try and make a backup it instantly fails. The log files indicate the following error: "Backup failed due to a prior database audit failure"

I have done a database audit and ht result was: "Database audit succeeded"
Unfortunately it has made no difference with the backup.

I have come across the following note in the help file but was hoping there is another way or workaround as I will lose a lot of config changes if I have to restore a previous back.

Aufit Failure:
"Indicates a system backup failure(s) on the local node. Details are stored in the /db/spyLog/alarms/backupAlarm file, which is renamed and can still be viewed after the alarm is cleared. The directory is removed only during an upgrade or full install.

The most common reasons for a backup failure are:

An Audit Failure alarm already exists.

Database verification fails during the backup.

There is not enough disk space.

Failure to copy files during the backup.

Failure to create a .tar file during the backup.

Only one alarm (always Major) is generated for any number of backup failures. The alarm persists after a system reboot; it clears only after a system restore OR once the Audit Failure alarm (if present) and other issues are cleared and the backup process completes successfully."

When I first saw this "feature" in the Release 7.0 I&M training I wondered how we were going to be able to fix a corrupted database. The procedure since the SX2000 came out was to do a backup, dbms flag off, restart and then a restore to clean up errors. It will be interesting to see what the Mitel forum community suggests or has experienced with this "feature".

SXWizard
I would reset the system first , then try and create a backup - if your only other option is a restore , you have nothing to lose

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

and due to an endless stream of MiCollab , MiCC issues
Life would be simpler If only they tested products properly before releasing them .....

@Billz66

When you say reset the system, what do you mean?

Your log says it failed prior to database audit.
Before resetting the system what is the status (if licensed) of your embedded voicemail ports?

Recently had a system with similar issue, replaced SSD (support recommended) and data restore resolved issue.

maintenance command reset system - will restart the system

calls will drop , system will restart ( hopefully) and you may then be able to perform a backup

if not then system restore is looking like your next option

embedded Vmail ports in DND or locked up sometimes prevent a backup , you could also try a stop start of the embedded vmail first

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

and due to an endless stream of MiCollab , MiCC issues
Life would be simpler If only they tested products properly before releasing them .....

I got this recently due to the External FTP server being incorrect. Once that was corrected it let me do a backup and the alarm cleared?

Craig

thanks for all your suggestions but I have tried them all without any luck. Sounds like a reload & restore is the only fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back