Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audiophile Soundcard 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

waltp9999

Programmer
Jun 17, 2002
US
On my SuSE 8.2 installation, my Audiophile 2496 card is producing sound from only one channel. It works fine on the XP boot.

I found references but no usable information to solve the problem. Any information someone can point me to that doesn't require a Masters in Linux Administration would be appreciated (this is my first Linux install)

Thanks,
Walt

Hi Walt,

I'd have a look for a mixer app - I think it's called AUMIX or something like that. On MDK9.1 (which I am running), it's under Multimedia\Audio off the main menu.

It sounds like one of the channels has its volume turned right down. Hopefully it's just that simple!

;-)

We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. [Robert Wilensky, 1997]

Thanks, WMG, that was it. I never expected the system to install a 'stereo' app with one channel off, so I didn't think to try that. Silly Me!

Thanks again.

Hi -- Hope you could possibly help me....I know the answer is probably simple....but, I can't figure it out...Just built a new machine - Athlon 64 3200+, 2.15 ghz, 1gb ram, ASUS K8V DELUXE MOTHERBOARD.....Everything works but this soundcard....Under device manager, comes up all OK, under ctrl panel - shows no audio device...I have tried every driver known to man, installed it, uninstalled it, etc. etc, and really have no idea what I am doing wrong :( Could you pls help me -- Thanks! TLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back